We Are Looking for Volunteers!
Are you an LSE Student who wants to be part of the team that makes the 2020 LSE Africa Summit a reality? Yes? We’d love to have you on board!
Our volunteers will work different tasks throughout the two days and must be willing to fill tasks as needed. Volunteers will get an immersive experience of the Summit, and will be provided with breakfast and lunch during the Summit. They will also get to attend our cultural night, which promises to be amazing!
Interested? Read on to learn more.
Compulsory info and briefing sessions
- There will be an information session in the first week of March 2020 to provide volunteers with a
detailed overview of the tasks needed. Location and exact date will be confirmed soon.
- Volunteers will need to attend a 7:30 am meeting at the start of each conference day (March 28th and 29th 2020). Breakfast will be provided.
Pre-conference volunteering (everyone)
Volunteers will work on:
- Cutting out and filling attendee name tags
- Stuffing gift bags
- Folding programmes
- Helping to set up the stage
- Handing out gift bags – ensure one gift bag per attendee (3 people)
- Crowd control – directing attendees to relevant registration tables (3 people)
- Managing table for attendees with surnames A to I (2 people)
- Managing table for attendees with surnames J to R (2 people)
- Managing tables for S to Z (2 people)
- Standing at the doors of Sheik Zayed Theatre in the New Academic Building to ensure attendees come in a timely manner.
- Directing latecomers to overflow room ( 2 people)
- Managing roaming microphones during Q& A **must be willing to run up and down stairs** (2 – 4 people)
- Managing the overflow room, ensuring the live stream is working, and reporting any technical difficulties to the media team (2 people)
Mealtimes and breaks
- Time keepers – keeping track of the time and start to direct attendees back to the Sheikh Zayed, ten minutes before the start of the next session (4-5 people)
- Standing by the art installations
- Catering Liaison – assisting the catering staff in directing attendees to the food
- Career fair volunteers – pointing attendees to the career fair and provide assistance to the company representatives
- Green room volunteers – Attending to speakers’ needs, ensure that speakers’ food arrives
in a timely manner (2 people)
- Escorting panelists from the green room to the Sheik Zayed Theatre
If you would like to proceed and join the volunteers team, please send your CV, degree programme and department to firstname.lastname@example.org.